Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer
In our office, the Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer team reports that each year tens of thousands of people suffer an injury and thousands of people die due to various kinds of truck accidents. It is found that 1 in 8 accidents that involve a large truck will result in a wrongful death due to injuries received during the collision. A Commercial truck, Big Rig, tractor trailer, semi truck and 18 wheeler all area considered big trucks.
A truck accident is remarkably dangerous because of the truck’s large size, weight and rate of speed. Any experienced Truck Accident Lawyer from our team will inform the victim, that even at a slower speed, the damage that these trucks can create is severe. When a truck hits another vehicle at a slow speed, the resulting accident can cause a life threatening injury. If that same car accident happened with two cars, instead of involving a truck, the accident would just be a small fender bender.
Each Brooklyn Injury Lawyer and Personal Injury Lawyer at our office is experienced with a wide variety of accident cases including: truck accident cases, motorcycle accident cases, car accident cases, bicycle accident cases, and SUV accident cases and slip and fall. These kinds of accidents may result in a spinal injury needing surgery or may cause a brain injury or possibly even a wrongful death.
Right after an accident happens, trucking businesses and insurance companies will attempt to minimize their liability. During this time is when a victim is most vulnerable to their actions.
The Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyers from our firm will help the collision victims from the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx and throughout the area to protect their interest and legal rights. Our Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer Team is successful and skilled in fighting against businesses and insurance companies. Contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC for a no-cost initial consultation and help determining your legal options.Common Truck Accident Causes
Several other characteristics of the truck, in addition to the size and weight, factor into the trucks inherent dangerousness.
Our Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer Group takes on numerous truck accident cases. Common causes of these truck accidents include:
- Improper driving instruction and inadequate driving qualifications. If a driver has received proper training, he will be knowledgeable about appropriate driving techniques, the truck’s safety characteristics and defensive driving.
- Tight schedules and pressure on truck drivers to meet those delivery schedules.
- After several hours of driving, many drivers are tired and weary and as a result, may become easily distracted or even fall asleep.
- While some trucks do not carry and loads, other trucks can carry shipments that are incorrectly loaded. An unsecure load can shift, causing issues with the truck.
- If a truck driver’s abilities are impaired and they may be unable to handle the truck, if the driver is drinking and driving (DWI) or driving while influenced by other drugs.
- If a vehicle is defective or has a defective part that caused or resulted in an accident, the resulting case will also involve a product liability claim against the parts manufacturer.
- In some cases, additional claims may occur as a result of the injury received during the truck accident. For example, an emergency medical provider may commit a negligent act of medical malpractice while attempting to treat your truck accident injury.
To hold all parties accountable for their negligent and irresponsible actions,our Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer Group will find the responsible parties and hold them accountable. The driver and the employer of the truck driver may not be the only parties responsible for the truck accident. Responsible parties may include:
- The tractor trailer operator
- The tractor trailer’s owner and lessor and/or the lessee of the truck
- The tractor trailer company
- The insurance companies of the truck driver, trucking company or other liable party
- Third-party employers
- The business or company that loaded the tractor trailer
- If the individual suffering from the injury was also working at the time of the accident, your employer may also be a responsible party. (workers compensation claim)
It may be a difficult process to prove the liability of an independent contractor or the liability of a third-party, when this is the case you need a hard-working Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer to help you.Additional Issues
Truck accidents present unique and distinctive issues and challenges compared to other forms of vehicle accidents. For instance, the trucking industry is extremely regulated and as a consequence of the federal regulations an accident claim is more complex. Truck accidents can exhibit further unique challenges:
- When the wheels on a tractor trailer lock up due to slippery circumstances or because of the carelessness of the truck driver, jackknifing may happen. This occurs when the tractor trailer slips or skids, swinging away on one side. When a tractor trailer jackknifes, there is an amplified possibility of a rollover accident happening.
- Even though any vehicle can roll over, vehicles with higher centers of gravity are more vulnerable. In many rollover accidents, the carelessness of the driver is the cause of the accident. Sometimes, a truck going too fast to safely make a turn causes the truck to rollover.
- A turning accident may occur when a truck driver decides to take up more than one lane of the roadway to make a turn. This issue can provide enough evidence to show the driver was negligent and careless. When a tractor trailer takes up more than one lane on the road to make a turn, a turning accident can occur. In some accidents, this factor alone is enough to demonstrate the driver’s negligence.
If you or are loved one are suffering from a personal injury or from a tractor trailer accident injury, you need the skilled Brooklyn Truck Accident Lawyer to handle your case. Contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW or online to schedule a free consultation. Or stop by one of our office location in Brooklyn or stop by one of our locations which can be found throughout New York City and in Long Island. Some of our locations include offices in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
- Brooklyn Accident Investigation Practices and Procedures Accident
- Brooklyn Bald Tires Accident
- Brooklyn Blind Spots Accident
- Brooklyn Braking Ability Accident
- Brooklyn Braking Failure Accident
- Brooklyn Braking Accident
- Brooklyn Causes of Truck Accidents
- Brooklyn Commercial Driving Standards Accident
- Brooklyn Drug and Alcohol Testing Procedures Accident
- Brooklyn Equipment and Safety Regulations Accident
- Brooklyn Falling Debris Injury
- Brooklyn Garbage Truck Accidents
- Brooklyn Hazardous Material Requirements Accident
- Brooklyn Height and Weight Width Limits Accident
- Brooklyn Hours of Service Rules Accident
- Brooklyn Improper Braking Technique Accident
- Brooklyn Inspection and Maintenance Requirements Accident
- Brooklyn Load Shift Accidents
- Brooklyn Logbook and Record Requirements Accident
- New York Lack of Driver Training
- Brooklyn Overweight Trucks Accident
- Brooklyn Registration and Insurance Requirements Accident
- Brooklyn Safe Loading of Trucks Accident
- Brooklyn Size and Weight Restrictions Accident
- Brooklyn Squeeze Play Accident
- Brooklyn Stopping Distance Accident
- Brooklyn Swinging Turns Accident
- Brooklyn Tire Blowouts Accident
- Brooklyn Truck Driver Fatigue Accident
- Brooklyn Wheel Off Truck Accident
- Brooklyn Wide Turns Accident
- Brooklyn Overloaded Trucks Accident