Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer
According to our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer in our firm, tens of thousands of people die and suffer injury in automobile accidents, particularly truck accidents each year. Truck accidents are particularly dangerous, as nearly a fifth of all vehicle accidents involving a big truck cause a wrongful death as defined by law. A Tractor Trailer, Big Rig, Commercial truck, semi truck and 18 wheeler all area considered big trucks.
Simple physics can explain why injury from a truck accident can often prove fatal. Truck accidents are especially prone to cause death because of the large size of the truck, and also because of the speeds at which these automotive behemoths are traveling. As any Truck Accident Attorney worth his salt can tell you, even at slow speeds there is an incredible risk of serious injury from a big truck accident. That very same car accident between two cars would have only resulted in a fender bender, but because of mass and size, a big truck accident is much worse.
All of our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyers and Long Island Injury Lawyers have worked in automotive injury cases for years, covering everything from a truck accident, bicycle accident, pedestrian accident, bus accident, SUV accident, motorcycle accident, etc. We know what type of injuries can result from a traffic accident, and understand the pain and suffering and high medical costs that an injury such as a spinal injury, crushed limb injury or a brain injury can cause, and we’re also aware of how many wrongful deaths are caused by these accidents each and every year.
When an accident happens, insurance and trucking firms try to get in front of it, working the accident to limit their liability. If you’ve been involved in an accident, the time period directly afterward is when you’re most vulnerable to being coaxed into giving up your rights to pursue damages for your personal injury.
Don’t do it!
Our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer Team can help accident victims throughout the Long Island, and NYC areas safeguard their legitimate claims to compensation when they or a loved one suffers an injury as a result of an accident. Our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer Group is made up of veterans who fight insurance companies and big corporations for our clients. If you’ve been involved in an accident, give Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC a call for a free consultation.Common Truck Accident Causes
Other than the weight and size of the truck, there are a number of other factors that come into play with regard to the dangers of big trucks.
Our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer team handles a number of the common causes of truck accidents, including:
- Failure by the employer to hire qualified drivers and to maintain an acceptable level of training.
- Pressure by trucking companies for drivers to meet deadlines and schedules that are unfeasible and unsafe.
- Companies working drivers to an unacceptable level of fatigue.
- Improperly loaded trucks that can contribute to accidents.
- Drunk (DWI) or drugged driving (DWUI) by big truck drivers.
- Defective trucks, which can lead to a product liability claim against the truck manufacturer, or manufacturer of a specific part of the truck.
- Medical malpractice by a physician treating injuries from the wreck.
If you’ve been in a big truckrelated automobile accident, the trucking company and the truck driver involved may not be the only parties legal claims can be pursued against. Our Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer team can find out if any other parties may be held responsible for actions that contributed to your injury. These parties include:
- The truck’s owner, lessor or lessee.
- Any operators of the truck.
- Other contractors.
- Third parties who may have hired the trucker or company.
- The shipper the trucking company has contracted with.
- Your employer, if you were working at the time of the accident (workers compensation claim).
- A business that may have loaded the truck.
- Insurance agencies liable to cover damages resulting from the accident.
- The trucking business.
Our knowledgeable and experienced Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer can track down any responsible parties and hold them accountable for your injury. We can wade through various complicated insurance policies and contracts to get you the compensation you deserve.Other Issues
Truck accidents can be tough to litigate because of the morass of federal regulations, insurance rules and other bureaucratic red tape regarding the trucking industry. That’s why you need an experienced, qualified Long Island Truck Accident Attorney. Here’s a few of the unique problems truck accidents can pose to litigation.
- Wheel locks and jackknifing are a frequently litigated point in truck injury cases. Many insurers will try to wiggle out of coverage by arguing some portion of the crash lies outside of their scope of coverage.
- Many trucks have high centers of gravity and are more prone to rollovers. In many rollover crashes, negligent driving on behalf of the truck driver is to blame for the accident.
- When big trucks use more than one lane to make a turn, negligence claims can often be pursued against drivers.
If you are the victim of a truck collision or truck accident, contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC to obtain the help of a smart and aggressive Long Island Truck Accident Lawyer. We have offices located in Nassau County and Suffolk County on Long Island and many offices located around the New York City area (including Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island and Brooklyn) as well as Westchester County. Call us at 800.696.9529 (800.696.9529) or online to schedule your free consultation.