New York Truck Accident Lawyer
A New York Truck Accident Lawyer in our office reports that thousands of people died and tens of thousands suffered a Truck accident injury as a result of the various types of truck accidents during each calendar year. In fact, 1 in 8 resulted in a wrongful death from a collision involving a large truck accident.
A Truck accident is particularly dangerous because of the enormous size, weight and speed with which these trucks travel.Any experieinced Truck Accident Lawyer will tell you, even at a slow speed, if a truck accident occurs, the damage that these trucks can create is immense. When a truck comes into contact with a Car at a slow speed, what would otherwise be a small fender bender if the car accident was soley between 2 cars, can be a serious car accident that can result in devastsating injury. Each New York Injury Lawyer and Personal Injury Lawyer at our office has years of experience handling all types of cases which include: truck accident cases, suv accident cases, bicycle accident cases, car accident cases and motorcylce accident cases that may result in brain injury, an injury requiring surgery such as a spinal injury or tragically a wrongful death
Immediately after a collision occurs, trucking and insurance companies will act to limit their liability. The victim of the collision is most vulnerable at this time.
A New York Truck Accident Lawyer from our office can help victims from Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and throughout the state to protect their legal rights and interests. The New York Truck Accident Lawyers in our firm are experienced and successful in fighting against big business and insurance companies. Contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC for a free consultation and review of your legal options.Common Truck Accident Causes
In addition to the truck’s size and weight, a multitude of other factors contribute to the inherent dangers of trucks, including driving characteristics.
The New York Truck Accident Lawyer handles several common causes of truck accidents, which include:
- Inadequate or improper driver qualifications and training. The drivers that are properly trained will receive instruction and training about drive techniques, safety issues and defensive driving.
- Truck drivers that are rushed to meet deadlines and delivery schedules.
- Drivers that are tired or facing fatigue after continuous hours working. This poses a serious safety risk because a truck driver may fall asleep or become easily distracted, losing focus on proper driving.
- Trucks that are improperly loaded with unsecure loads can lead to accidents.
- Drinking and driving DWI or driving while under the influence of other drugs causes a truck driver’s to lose the ability to properly and safely operate his truck.
- In some accidents or cases, a product or vehicle may be defective or may have malfunctioned which may provide a product liability claim against the product’s manufacturer.
- Additional claims may arise from your truck accident injury, for example a doctor may commit medical malpractice which is forseeable as a result of the accident.
The truck driver and his employer may not be the only entities responsible for the truck accident. In order to hold all responsible parties liable, the New York Truck Accident Lawyer will identify the parties responsible and hold them accountable for their actions. Possible responsible parties can include:
- The truck driver
- The owner and lessor or lessee of the truck
- The trucking company
- Third-party employers
- The company that loaded the truck
- The shipper who is under contract with the trucking company
- Insurance companies who issued a policy to the truck driver, truck company or other responsible party
- Your employer if you were working at the time of the truck accident (workers compensation claim)
If the truck driver is an independent contractor, establishing liability of a third party such as the contracting company, may be difficult. If this is the case, you need an experienced New York Truck Accident Lawyer to work on your behalf.Other Considerations
Truck accidents present different challenges as compared to other types of vehicle accidents. The trucking industry is heavily regulated and an accident claim can become more complex and complicated due to issues of federal regulations. Also, truck accidents can present unique dangers.
- Jackknifing is when a tractor trailer skids, swinging out to one side. Generally, this occurs when the truck’s wheels lock up due to wet or slippery conditions or possibly the negligence of the driver. With a truck jackknifing there is an increased likelihood that a rollover accident may occur.
- While any vehicle can roll over, vehicles with higher centers of gravity, such as trucks, are more susceptible. In most rollover accidents, a driver’s negligence is to blame. Often a truck is traveling too fast to safely turn.
- A turning accident can occur when a truck driver uses more than one lane to make a turn. In some cases, this is sufficient evidence to show the driver’s negligence and fault in an accident.
If you are suffering from an injury after a truck accident or need the help of an experienced New York Truck Accident Lawyer, contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC. With offices throughout New York City including Manhattan, Long Island in both Nassau County and Suffolk County as well as Westchester County, we will have a location convenient for you. Contact us at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW or online to set up your free consultation.
- New York 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Lawyer - Big Rig Accident
- New York Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
- New York Jackknife Truck Accident Lawyer
- New York Semi-Trailer Accident Lawyer
- New York Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Back Injury
- New York Truck Accident Head Injury Lawyer
- New York Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Paralysis Injury Lawyer
- New York Blind Spots
- New York Bald Tires
- New York Braking Failure
- New York Braking
- New York Causes of Truck Accidents
- New York Falling Debris
- New York Height and Weight Width Limits
- New York Hours of Service Rules
- New York Lack of Driver Training
- New York Overloaded Trucks
- New York Overweight Trucks
- New York Safe Loading of Trucks
- New York Squeeze Play
- New York Tire Blowouts
- New York Truck Driver Fatigue
- New York Wide Turns
- New York Size and Weight Restrictions
- New York Load Shift Accidents
- New York Garbage Truck Accidents
- New York Braking Ability
- New York Improper Braking Technique
- New York Inspection and Maintenance Requirements
- New York Stopping Distance
- New York Wheel Off Truck Accident
- New York Swinging Turns
- New York Failure to Properly Brake
- New York Record and Log Book Requirements
- New York Defective Truck Parts Accident
- New York 18-Wheeler Liability
- New York Tanker Truck Accident
- New York Black Box Trucking Accident
- New York Hours of Service Violations and Trucking Accidents